An update on Face Coverings at the Heath site
The Government advice still remains as:
“Maintain 2m, or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable), wherever possible”.
We have a number of measures in place around site, as follows, that should maintain 2m between people.
- signs to remind workers and visitors of social distancing guidance
- floor tape to mark areas to help people keep to a 2m distance
- one-way traffic through some areas
- no more than ONE person in a lift or using a staircase at any time
- rules around passing in corridors
Note: See videos shared on Heath Live https://www.heathlive.com/news/returning-to-work-at-the-heath/
Face coverings are not a replacement for the other ways of managing risk, including minimising time spent in contact, using fixed teams and partnering for close-up work, and increasing hand and surface washing.
As these other measures remain the best ways of managing risk in the workplace, the SOG Management remain unchanged from their policy and face coverings will not be mandatory at the Heath site.
HSE Advisor, SOG Ltd